2023 Almaguin Campground ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER, RELEASE OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY
As used hereunder, the term “Releasees” includes: Almaguin Campground , 419 Owl lake road, Katrine Ontario P0A-1L0 (the “Campground” or the “Premises”), affiliated organisations, owners, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns.
In consideration for myself, and all persons entering under my supervision, being permitted to camp and participate in the activities at this Campground, I and all persons in my party agree as follows:
1. We expressly acknowledge and agree that our attendance at the Premises and participation in the activities of the Campground may involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage.
2. We are fully aware that we are entering a natural environment and am aware of the risks and hazards inherent in our attendance at the Premises and participation in the activities of the
Campground. We voluntarily, knowingly and freely assume all risks associated with participating in the activities of the Campground and entering the Premises, including, but not limited to, our own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others (including but not limited to the Campground owners, officers, directors, managers, staff, volunteers or other guests and visitors), falls, injuries, illnesses, infections, contact with others (including but not limited to the Campground owners, officers, directors, managers, staff, volunteers or visitors), navigating any and all obstacles and any defects of the Premises.
3. I represent and warrant to the Releasees on behalf of myself and all persons listed above that we are in good physical condition, able to safely participate in the activities of the Campground and
have no medical condition that would make our participation in the activities of the Campground hazardous to our health.
4. If any of us are physically vulnerable in any way (including pregnancy) or have recently suffered an illness or injury, we have consulted a physician before participating in the activities of the
5. We consent to emergency transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to any of us and understand that this Waiver extends to any liability arising out of or in any way
connected with such transportation.
6. We understand and agree that we are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times while attending the Premises and while participating in the activities of the Campground and agree to
obey all local, provincial and federal laws, both criminal and civil. This includes, generally, respect for other people, equipment, facilities or property.
7. We understand and agree that we may not bring weapons or illegal substances to the Premises.
8. We understand and agree that the Releasees are not responsible for any personal item or property that is lost, damaged or stolen while we are participating in the activities of the
Campground or on the Premises.
9. We recognize and acknowledge that there are hazards and risks of physical injury or illness in attending the Premises and participating in the activities of the Campground and that not all such
hazards or risks can be fully eliminated. We freely and voluntarily agree to assume the full risk of death, bodily injury or property damage, regardless of severity, that any of us may sustain as a
result of our participation in the activities of the Campground or attendance at the Premises, howsoever arising.
Having full knowledge and understanding of the foregoing, I, on behalf of myself, my minor children (or wards) and all persons listed above and on behalf of our heirs, do hereby agree and expressly accept, acknowledge and assume all risks of injury, death, illness or disease, or other damage to ourselves, which may arise in any way from entering and remaining on the Premises and/or our participation in activities and/or programs in or around the Campgrounds and agree to voluntarily accept and assume any and all such risks as well as any risks not mentioned herein that are in any way associated with our participation in any Campground Activities.
We do hereby agree to release, covenant not to sue, indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims, loss, liability, damage, demands, costs, penalties howsoever arising, for any loss, injuries including death, liability, damage or cost they might incur, including, but not limited to, claims arising in whole or in part by our negligent or intentional acts or omissions while participating in the activities of the Campground or attending the Premises under or pursuant to common law, regulation or statute, including, but not limited to, any claims arising under the Occupiers’ Liability Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.2, as amended; and, the Negligence Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. N.1, as amended howsoever caused, including, but not limited to being caused by the alleged or actual negligence of the Releasees.
We expressly agree that this Waiver and Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the Province of Ontario, and that the invalidity or unenforceability of any term of this Waiver does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other term. Any invalid term will be treated as severed from the remaining terms.
I have read this document in its entirety and fully understand its terms. We understand that we are giving up substantial legal rights by signing below, including the right to sue the Releasees.
I, on behalf of myself and all persons in my party acknowledge that I am signing this agreement freely and voluntarily and intend my signature, or by electronically checking a click box to be a waiver and complete and unconditional release of all liability due to the negligence of the Releasees or, the inherent risks of participating in the activities of the Campground or while attending the Premises.