2024 Almaguin Campground Visitor Guidelines
• No firearms or fireworks permitted
• Campfires are allowed in existing fire pits only and must be attended at all times. Put fires out before bed. • Firewood is for sale at the Almaguin Campground store.
• Do not gather wood from the forest for your campfire. No cutting or peeling of trees/shrubs.
• Campers who bring firewood from home may accidentally spread pests and diseases that threaten, the health of our forest, so ONLY local firewood is allowed.
• ****SPEED LIMIT IN THE CAMPGROUND IS 10KM/HOUR
• Two licensed vehicles permitted per campsite (other vehicles park in visitors parking area beside Rec Hall)
• All children 16 years & younger must wear a bike helmet at all times while riding a bike.
• No riding bikes after dark or on the boardwalk areas around the store, Rec Hall, beach and Bathrooms.
Visitors and Children:
• All children under the age of 18 must be with a parent / guardian after dark.
• Children under 18 may not be left in the campground without adult supervision at any time.
Alcohol & Drugs:
• Alcohol, cannabis and all other lawful drugs can be consumed lawfully at your campsite only, and done so responsibly and with respect towards fellow campers. Alcohol and cannabis is not permitted in common areas.
• Illegal use of drugs of any type will result in the immediate termination of stay and/or police intervention.
• Pets must be kept on a leash at all times, do not leave pets unattended, and clean up after pets immediately.
• At the discretion of the campground owner, any pet can be denied or banned from the park.
• Pets are not allowed at the pool or the beach.
• Please place garbage in tied plastic bags in the dumpster & please put recyclables in the appropriate container.
Swimming Pool, Beach & Playgrounds:
• Users of the playground, pool and swimming areas do so at their own risk: these areas are UNSUPERVISED.
• Children 14 years & younger must be supervised by someone at least 18 years when swimming at the pool or beach.
• Pool hours are from approximately 10 am until dusk and posted pool rules must be obeyed by all
• NO GLASS ALLOWED AT POOL OR BEACH. NO FOOD & NO SMOKING IN THE POOL AREA.
Toilets and Drains:
• DO NOT DISPOSE OF THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR TOILET OR DRAINS: baby wipes, paper towel, diapers,
feminine products, cloth items, condoms, bleach, etc. These items can damage the septic system.
• Respect the facilities and the property and privacy of other campers.
• Aggressive or disrespectful action (verbal or physical) toward another person will not be tolerated & any violation of any laws may result in the immediate termination of the stay.
• If noise disturbs either your neighbours or the owners, then it is too loud.
• The volume of music should be set for your enjoyment only and must be shut off before 11:00 p.m.
• Please do not take shortcuts through campsites.
• QUIET TIME IS 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.